Well, better late than never, right?
So... Part I is the birthday recap, Part II will be what have I learned this year and what do I hope to learn in the coming year.
The birthday week started out quite well, with Therapy Monday (yay therapy day!) being followed up with our FINALLY having a fully-functional kitchen for the first time in almost a full year. (Yes, I said it with my outside voice, so you just know the gas stove is about to explode... send hunky firefighters!)
My BEST GIFT EVER wasn't even a birthday gift, as far as I know. On Tuesday, our friendly neighbourhood postal worker (no, she really IS friendly) knocked on the front door with a large-ish package for me. I will admit, I was more than a little apprehensive, after the last very-large package delivered to the door (see here if you don't get the reference), but... I didn't recognize the handwriting as anything familial, so started to breathe again. And then I noticed the "Official Gate-Keeper Survival Kit" printed in red along the bottom of the envelope... Mwahaahaaaaa! Friend and fellow survivor DVS, in her forever-creative way, had sent me a care package. Inside was a card with a chocolate bar taped to it and the instructions "Step One: EAT CHOCOLATE" on the envelope. I pulled out the remaining package contents and read the card, which explained it all:
- Chocolate -- eat first to set the mood
- Pudding, chocolate of course and apparently fat-free so eat as much as you like!
- Shower Cap -- so you don't get said pudding in your hair... that might be nasty.
- Nourishing mud face mask -- looks like chocolate pudding and deeply cleanses
- Softening body scrub for when you want to sit back & relax
- Scandal survival handbook... how the rich & famous handle it! AKA National Enquirer